Saturday, September 11, 2021

Saturday Jam Day

 Neal and I went to Costco and bought strawberries and raspberries along with 25# bag of sugar, a gallon of Karo Syrup and two bottles of lemon juice.  From there we went to Macey's and bought 12 boxes of MCP Pectin and looked for jam jars, lids and rings.  I should remember from last year that finding bottles, rings and lids in September or October is impossible!  I also ran to Harmons with no luck and then into Walmart with no luck.  Next year I need to start getting canning supplies in June and July.  As it was I ended up with just enough bottles and containers to do all the strawberry and raspberry jam.  Didn't get any peach jam done.  My back said I was done.  It took Neal and I from 8:00 until 2:00 to do all the jam.  I was grateful for Neal's help.  Nice to have that project done for the year.  I still have peach jam to do but I can do that next week.



I didn't bother to count how many pints of jam I did.  All I know it was a lot.  


No comments:

Post a Comment