Saturday, April 3, 2021

The Easter Chick

Neal was running errands on Friday, yesterday.  He had to run to the Salt Lake Clinic to pick up his medical records and transfer them to his new eye doctor.  While he was downtown, I asked him if he would stop by Granite Bakery on his way back and pick up a dozen Easter sugar cookies and a cute cake to use as a center piece for the table.  I was at work and about 1:30 p.m. I get this text from Neal - and I quote: 

" Hi!  I picked up the cookies and the cake.  Dropped the cake - some repairs needed.  Cute cake though.  It was a little taller than the box and the lid curved and the lid got caught on the top of the door and splat!  Cake upside down in the box.  Scooped up the cake, put it upright in the box and drove home.  You will see evidence of my fingers where I tried to get a hand hold - it worked but left a 'personality' mark or two on the head.  We can fix the leg with a toothpick.  "Resurrected" the leg.  You will smile at the cake!!!"

By the time I finished reading that text I was laughing so hard I could hardly see to read the text.  People at work heard me giggling and had to come in and I shared the text with them.  Well, everyone laughed and laughed.  When I got home I took pictures of the cake.




I touched it up as best I could and it looked okay sitting on the table.  I shared the story with the family and everyone got a laugh out of it.  Poor little chicken!

It was also noticed and caused some serious laughter that the little chicken had his feet on upside down!  How sad is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment