Sunday, April 25, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

My experience of Abby is that she has always seem a rather shy person.  She was always happy and smiling but not really aggressive or loud.  She was just always quietly there.  She has always encouraged service to others so not surprised that she decided to serve a mission.  

Every year, as far back as I can remember, Abby has always involved her mom in some kind of service project in the spirit of the Christmas Holiday.  Projects for hospital workers, homeless, families out of their homes because of weather or natural disasters, etc.  Abby does things under the radar with no one watching.  Now, she's serving her Father in Heaven quietly and confidently in California, Spanish speaking.  She is sharing His message of peace and hope.  Abby isn't serving a mission because it brings her attention or because she has nothing better to do.  She is serving because she loves the Lord and His gospel.  She is serving because she has a testimony of the gospel.  She is dedicating her time and talents to Him.  Abby is having the best missionary experiences and teaching that the Jesus is the Savior of the world.  



A couple cute excerpts from her letters:
"Our friends (investigators) are also learning and remembering who I am this week, which really helps in lessons.  One of our friends always has me say the prayer because they like how I say "querido padre celestial . . . "  they said they like my accent.  I think I just sound like a white girl from Utah trying to speak Spanish.  But I love teaching our friends and getting to know them and learning so much from them!"

"The LA ambiance is something special.  Its a mix of cars, barking dogs, thumping music, airplanes, sirens, helicopters and the occasional gun shots!"

"We also taught one of our friends today about the nature of God and that He is NOT an ominous energy ball that is far away, but that we know God is our loving Heavenly Father that knows each of us individually."

"I am loving the area I am in and the people I serve with.  I know that the Lord loves effort and that as long as we are trying our best in every aspect of the work, Christ will take care of the rest.  Los quermeos!!"

"This week has been crazy and every day is a little different, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  I have seen this week that God answers prayers, especially the ones you only say in your heart and in your mind.  We are not in this life alone and we were never meant to be.  There is a plan for each of us and a loving Heavenly Father that waits for us to come home again one day.  I am so excited to see what is in store for me every day that I get to give all of my time to serving the Lord."

And I add my testimony to Abby's that I know this gospel is true and that we do have a loving Father in Heaven who watches over us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment