Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sunday Thoughts

Neal and I had a stay at home church along with all the members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Home centered has certainly come to be a reality.

Last week Susan sent me a quote from 2nd Chronicles where King Solomon had completed the temple and the Lord told him, "Whenever I hold back the rain or send locusts or epidemic, the people need to pray and repent and then I will hear them."

The fires in Australia were so devastating and it didn't rain until after they were out, and African right now is having a locust infestation, and the world is having the Coronavirus, so we are right in the heart of that prophecy.  Goodness, a little scary.

Howard W. Hunter said:  "Fear, which can come upon people in difficult days, is a principal weapon in the arsenal which Satan uses to make mankind unhappy.  He who fears loses strength for the combat of life in the fight against evil.  Therefore the power of the evil one always tries to generate fear in human hearts.  In every age and in every era, mankind has faced fear."

I am thankful for the covenants I have made in the temple and every Sunday when I partake of the sacrament to do my best to obey Him and keep His commandments.  That is a great protection to me and my family.

I came across another scripture today:  "I glory in plainness, I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus."
I love this and find deep comfort in its words.  With all the turmoil and stress going on in the world, I can say with confidence and with strength, that I too glory in my Jesus because I know that He's in charge, He's aware, He provides, and with faith in Him I have no room for fear.

"Our love of God must be pure, without selfish intent.  The pure love of Christ must be the motive in our devotion."

My prayers are for my family and am so looking forward to General Conference where we can her from our prophet and all the general authorities.  We need their guidance and their words of peace.  Let us all listen carefully and prayerfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment