Sunday, November 17, 2019

The Ward Night of Thanks

Neal and I had the assignment of putting together a Night of Thanksgiving for the adults in our ward.  Of course, I enrolled Annie into helping me with the decorations.  We started this back in the summer.  It is fun to watch Annie's creativity come into full bloom.  She has said that something isn't worth doing unless you over do!"  That may not be exact, but close.  She doesn't know how to just do a simple project.  With her, there is no such thing as a simple project.  What she created for our dinner was incredible and more than I could have hoped for.  She came in on Friday about noon and we were over at the stake center until about 3:30.  Mallory and I along with my friend Linda Knight were there to help, but of course, Annie likes to be in control and knows exactly what she wants to do and how she wants the finished project to be beyond perfect.  She certainly achieved it yet again.  Here are some pictures.


I cant seem to get the rest of my pictures to download right now so I'm going to publish what I have.  When the internet is working better I'll download the rest of the pictures I took.  The cultural hall looked beautiful and you should have heard the compliments we got just on the decorations alone. Annie, you are amazing and I can't possibly thank you enough for all you did to make the evening such an incredible success. I also have to add her that if you look closely, you will see that the pumpkins are all handmade.  She must have made somewhere in the area of 70+ cloth pumpkins.  AMAZING!!!!She also put the little lights around the center pumpkin.  We turned the lights down low and it was incredibly atmospheric.  Seriously amazing!




You will also notice that she even added a glass with gold around the rim.  She came up with the napkin silverware holders.  I just couldn't believe what she did.  I'm still amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment