Wednesday, November 27, 2019

New calling

One thing about the church is that a member never stands idle.  It seems that there is always a calling for everyone who wants to serve and even callings that we may not love but we accept and go forward.  I was trying to think of all the callings I've had.  Here are the ones I can remember.  Keep in mind that the names of the callings are certainly different from now.  A lot of changes through my life time:
     Junior Sunday School Chorister - when I was in High School
     Young Women President - when I lived in San Gabriel, California
     Young Women President - when I lived in Trona, California
     Young Women Teacher - when I lived in Trona, California
     Young Women President - Cumberland Rd. Home
     Camp Director - Cumberland Rd. Home
     Relief Society Teacher - Cumberland Rd.
     Relief Society Counselor - for Joyce Phippen
     Relief Society Homemaking Leader - Joyce Phippen
     Young Women President - Lynwood
     Primary Chorister - Lynwood
     Sunday School Teacher - Lynwood
     Nursery Leader - present ward
     Gospel Doctrine Teacher - present ward
     First Counselor in the young women
     Stake Relief Society President - South Cottonwood Stake with President Parry and President Little
               I served for 6 wonderful years - I have to add here that Lynda Ann served with me :-)
     Relief Society Teacher at the retirement center
     Choir Leader - present
     Just called to teach Gospel Doctrine starting in January 2020.

I think that is a pretty accurate list of remembered callings.  I also think I've probably left some out.  But it really doesn't matter.  I'm just happy to have the opportunity to serve, feel the love of my Heavenly Father as he guides me through these callings and give me the much needed courage to have the confidence it takes.  No one could ever say that 'the church' doesn't give you boundless opportunities to grow and find gifts that you never knew you had!
     Ward Activity Leader with Neal - just released
   


No comments:

Post a Comment