Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Celebrating Neal's mother's birthday in the temple

Nanette had a goal of doing 100 ordinances in the temple for her mother's 100 birthday.  She had a bundle of names that needed everything from baptism to sealing to families done.  Neal and I and Mallory went out to the Jordan River Temple and helped with sealings.  It has been years and years since I've done sealings.  Mallory had never done them before, so she was excited to have this opportunity to experience this part of the gospel ordinances.  After the sealing session we all went through with a name of a deceased relative.  As I sat in the temple I was overcome with a feeling of peace and love.  As tears welled in my eyes I thought about my own loved ones who have passed on.  I also realized that I need the light it brings into my life.  I need the truth that is taught there.  I need the power and goodness the gospel brings.  I love the perspective I find in the gospel teachings.







No comments:

Post a Comment