Saturday, October 12, 2019

A Quilt and Salt and Pepper Shakers

Not too long ago, Susan's car broke down in the law office parking lot where she works.  She was waiting to have it towed so that it could be fixed.  She had no idea what was wrong with it or why it wouldn't start or run.  Someone in the law office, without her knowledge figure out that it needed a new alternator, started and battery along with a couple other things.  They replaced everything in the car and got it purring like a kitten.  Of course, they would not let Susan pay for it.  So I offered to make a quilt for her to give the young man as a way to say 'thanks'.


Annie helped me pick out the material and Mallory helped me put it on the frames and even tied a couple rows for me.  Neal and I drove to Midway last Friday afternoon and delivered it to Susan.  We had a nice visit and a good visit!

I also have to post that I found some salt and pepper shakers that I just could not resist!  You will have to admit that they are darling!!  Pig salt and pepper shakers.  You don't run into those very often.  What a find!


No comments:

Post a Comment