Saturday, September 28, 2019

The Temple

Mallory and I are going to do a session in the Salt Lake Temple in a couple of weeks.  We were going this next Tuesday but work has made us have to post pone for a week.  I have two ancestors that need their endowment work done and Mallory wants to go through the Salt Lake Temple before it closes.  The following is a quote that I have love about the temple.

"The Temple is the most sacred place of worship in the world - a place where Heaven touches the earth, a place where marvelous blessings are bestowed, and a place where we can feel closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and strive to become more like them."

My thoughts.  The temple is gorgeous and the inside of every temple that I've been in is stunning.  As I walk the halls of those beautiful edifices, I feel truth confirmed to me that the temple is a symbol of forever families, hopeful futures, endless peace and joy, and eternal life with loved ones.  I've thought about my children who have been married in the temple and hope they honor their covenants made there and realize and remember that  for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the temple is where all of those goals and dreams of endless peace and joy happen.

One of my favorite things is to drive into the Salt Lake Valley after the sun goes down and see the Jordan River, the Oquirrh Hills and the Corner Canyon Temple all at the same time.  What an amazing sight.  My chest fills with pride and my eyes water as I view a beautiful American Flag waving in the breeze.  My heart fills with joy and my eyes fill with tears as I view these beautiful edifices.

No comments:

Post a Comment