Saturday, September 8, 2018

A trip to the Utah State Fair

Annie called and said they were going to the fair on Thursday evening and wondered if I would like to go with them.  Neal was up at the Scout Camp so I gladly accepted the invitation.  I had entered three counted cross stitch projects and was anxious to see how I did.  I got a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbon.  I was a little surprised at the one that I got a 1st on and a 2nd on.  I thought it should have been reversed but I'll have to wait and read the comments on the back of the judging sheets to see what they had to say.  I actually thought I would have a 1st on all three of them!  I certainly thought they deserved it so even though the ribbon says 2nd and 3rd I'll think 1st and 1st!  Abby also entered some pottery and got ribbons on everything she entered.




 This is the one that I thought should be a first and it got a second.  I'm anxious to read what the judges have to say that they felt it only qualified for a 2nd place.
 Not too surprised that this one got a 3rd.  It wasn't all that hard to do.  I'm happy they all placed.  There are so many that people enter that don't get a ribbon.  That would be a little disheartening to think your hard work wasn't even worth a ribbon.
If anyone wants any of these, they are up for grabs except for Zippity.  It hangs in the little bathroom and replaced the Happy Everything that Lynda Ann now has.

No comments:

Post a Comment