Sunday, May 15, 2016

Spring in Utah!

This is what I love about living in Utah.  The Spring weather is probably the most unpredictable of all the seasons.  One minute we have sunshine and upper sixties temperatures and within minutes the clouds can roll in, darken the sky, temperatures drop to the 40's and 50's and the Heavens open and the hail and snow come.  I was at work the other day and all of a sudden the sun disappeared, the black clouds took over the skies and they drop their load.  Our building has metal roofing and you could hear the hail hitting the roof.  The storm was only here for about 30 minutes and then slowly moved it's way over the mountains.  I ran outside and took this picture of the hail.  They were about the size of large peas.  I heard some of our employees comment that their cars got dented a little bit.
I should have put something beside the hail so that you could compare the size.  They were pretty big, trust me.  I was just glad I wasn't caught outside in it.  It would have hurt hitting you!

No comments:

Post a Comment