Friday, May 20, 2016

Jeffrey's birthday

Today is Jeff's birthday and it was a very emotional day for me.  It actually started yesterday when I went to the temple.  It was a very spiritual and emotional time for me.  The wonderful thing is that it again strengthened my testimony of eternal families.  I love Jeff and miss him greatly.
This morning I got a text from Mindy that said, "Here's to waterproof mascara and chocolate.  Hope you are able to find strength and peace today.  Your little guy grew up to be a great man. Hugs."
This was the picture she sent with the text.
A friend of mine from work bought me a Happy Birthday balloon to take home and let go up toward Heaven to wish Jeff and happy birthday.  This is one of my very favorite pictures of me and Jeffrey.
 Neal was taking the picture but those of you who know how he takes pictures, he wants everything to line up perfectly instead of just starting to snap pictures as quickly as possible.  The wind was blowing and he was busy trying to get me and the balloon and in the mean time a gust of wind came up and took the balloon out of my hands and up it went.  I wish my son a happy birthday and told him that I loved him and missed him greatly!  Interesting how good it made me feel.
 This is the balloon given to me by my friend Heather and my boss Ron.  I took it home and released it in our backyard.  It was an emotional moment for me.  Again, happy birthday son.  Love mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment