Saturday, March 12, 2016

The annual Stake Women's Conference

Every year I look forward to this event and every year I'm happy when it is over.  It is quite a task to prepare a conference that includes a luncheon for 200+ women in our stake.  I always manage to enroll Lynda Ann in my relief society assignments and this event was no different.  Annie helped me with the invitations and then came in Friday morning and helped me put together 7 casserole for the luncheon.  We delivered them to the relief society presidents who were going to cook them and bring them over to the stake center Saturday morning.  After we delivered them we went to lunch together and then did some shopping.  We had a fun day spending time together.  One of my favorite things.

Here are some pictures of the decorations that were in the cultural hall.

 The table decorations I borrowed from the Maxfield reunion in the summer.  These were the decorations that Nanette had.
 These next three were groupings on the stage.



 This was my favorite.  The pioneer woman out in her garden watering.  The garden is brown velvet material crunch into rows with green leaves scatter in each row making it look like sprouts coming up out of the ground!  Very clever.
It was a wonderful conference.  Our speaker was President Jay A. Parry.  He had slides of many women in the church who demonstrated that they had the light of Christ in their lives.  As he closed his presentation he bore testimony of the Savior and then look right at me on the front row and said, "The Savior knows our sorrows and our happiness.  He is always, always there for us."  I wept as I thought of Jeffrey.  I miss my son and love him.  When I went to the temple last week I felt his presence with me.  How grateful I am for the Plan of Salvation and my testimony and love of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment