Thursday, March 3, 2016

A story from Mindy

Mindy writes this on face book and posts the following picture.
"Tonight my kids and I met with Draper City Police Department.  Sergeant Coe and the two officers who reported to my 911 call the night I found Jeff unresponsive.  I have mentioned many times how the officers performed CPR for nearly 40 minutes before they were able to find a pulse on Jeff.  Anyone who has done CPR training knows how absolutely exhausting that must have been.  While the officers were working on Jeff and doing everything they could to save him, Sergeant Coe was doing everything he could to keep us calm and to lessen the trauma.  He was everything I wish police officers were.  He was compassionate, kind and professional.  He spoke to my children calmly and reassured them.  He limited their exposure to Jeff i that tragic state.  The hard work his officers put in gave us a couple more days with Jeff.  His kindness and kindness and compassion lessened the trauma my children and I could have experienced.  For that, I will be forever grateful to them.  We got them gift cards to Astro Burger - one of Jeff's favorite places to eat, to 7-11 because the night Jeff was taken to ER, Sergeant Coe followed us and brought us hot chocolate.  I told them the next time a family needs something like we did, to let us pay it forward.  This is something Jeff would have done.  Thank you Sergeant Coe and officers."  This picture followed.  Sergeant Coe is standing next to Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment