Sunday, November 17, 2013

The last stitch!!!!

This project looked so easy to me when I saw it displayed and decided I wanted to do it myself.  Boy, did I ever misjudge that.  I can usually look at a counted cross stitching project and tell if it is going to be easy, hard or miserable!  This fit into the miserable category and I’m thrilled and happy that I have finally taken the last stitch.  I knew that I needed to get started on Lyndsy’s new baby’s birth cross stitch but also knew that if I put this down before I had finished it I might not ever pick it up again – so determination kept me going.  It’s beautiful and I love it but I’m smiling knowing that all there is left to do with it is get it cleaned, pressed and framed and given away. 

The last stitch was taken on Sunday.  My mother always used to say that for every stitch you did on Sunday you would have to pick it out with your nose when you got to Heaven!  Now, seriously, does one really believe that?  I have to admit that anything my mother told me I believed for years until common sense set in.  Makes me wonder what I’ve told my children that they believed for years.  My mother told me that I was found under a cabbage leaf in a cabbage patch!  Yup, – believed that too, for – well you don’t want to know how long!  She also told me that if I told a lie that a dragon fly would come by and sew my lips together!  I believed that and still to this day am terrified of them.  Hummm there must be some little white lies that have me concerned. 

IMG_5746IMG_5747

1 comment:

  1. This is Emilee stalking your blog and you look like a super model seamstress. Will you ever age? :)

    ReplyDelete