Thursday, November 28, 2013

The day before!

Lot’s of preparation goes into hosting a family our size for Thanksgiving or any other holiday for that matter.  I know that I get a little obsessed with having to have everything looking nice and festive and the food on the table at the appointed time.  The emotions of the preparation and the day of the celebration always come to a climax for me when I take my place at the table and look around at all my posterity.  Our journey together hasn’t been easy but then whose journey in this life is. 

The day was spent going on last minute errands with Jamie, picking up the girls in Woodscross, finishing the home made bread, getting the tables and chairs set up and the tables set.  We now have three tables to set up for our size family.

IMG_5802 

In the evening we drove out to Marens to see her knew home.  We met her at Café Rio and had dinner and then to her home.  We spent the evening visiting and being entertained by the grandchildren.  Mostly the girls who performed dances for us.  Peyton had to do hers twice because Pa wasn’t paying attention. 

IMG_5785IMG_5786IMG_5787IMG_5788IMG_5789IMG_5790IMG_5791IMG_5792IMG_5794IMG_5797IMG_5798

Of course the boys wanted part of the attention so Brock and Boston had a sword fight with Peyton in the mix.

IMG_5799

Neal and I left about 11:30 and headed home so that I could get the Turkey stuffed and ready for baking.  There isn’t anything much more fuzzy for me than waking up to the smell of a baking turkey. 

Of course when I went downstairs this morning at 6:30 to get the potatoes peeled and all of the condiments opened and in bowls, covered and put in the fridge, I immediately noticed that my perfectly set table had been messed with!  Gee, let me think who that could have been.  I had to go around the table and straighten the plates and silverware.  Now that I think about it, I didn’t notice if my glasses were facing the right way!  I’ll have to check or it will drive me nuts!  TUCKER!!!!!!  Really Tucker, you turned my plates upside down! 

IMG_5801

There will be much, much more to post.  We have a full day ahead of us.  Bowling at 11:00, dinner at 1:30 followed by games and visiting.  Happy Thanksgiving to all and God Bless Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment