Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Crèche Exhibit

This morning Lynda Ann along with Mallory, Abby, Hayley and Andrew met me and Debby (one of my co-workers) at the mouth of Parley’s.  Debby and I piled into Lynda’s van and we headed up the canyon to Midway to see the Crèche Exhibit.  We stopped on the way in and picked up Lila Mae and then went up to the Homestead where the exhibit was housed this year.  It was fun to walk through the hall and see the hundreds of varieties and arrangements of the nativity.  Some pictures of the event.

IMG_0105IMG_0108IMG_0109IMG_0110IMG_0111IMG_0113

I must add a comment here.  The picture above was one that the kids wanted to do and the adults had to be good sports and participate.  From Left to right on the back row we have Lila Mae, Hayley, Abby, Mallory, Debby and me.  Front row is Andrew dressed as a sheep and of course Lynda Ann.  The photographer asked Andrew to pull his mask back and Andrew wanted it down.  We told the photographer that it was fine and just take the picture.  The funny things is that after the picture was taken I said to Andrew, “Silly Andrew, you covered up your face and his reply was, “Gam, I covered my face because a sheep isn’t supposed to have four eyes!”  If we are going to be something, we should be as real as possible.

IMG_0116IMG_0119IMG_0120IMG_0112

It was a fun day and I was glad that Annie suggested going.  After the exhibit we stopped by Nita’s house to say “hello” to her but no one was home so I just had to leave a note in the door.  That is the second time I’ve missed her.  On the way home we stopped by the Kholer cheese store and bought some fudge for Neal and then headed home.  Very fun morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment