Sunday, December 16, 2012

December–a busy month

No matter how early I get my shopping and sewing done, December seems to find ways to fill in all the gaps of free time.  Between hosting parties at our home, finishing up projects, helping other people finish their projects, carrying on with my Stake Relief Society assignments, giving talks in Sacrament Meetings and Ward Relief Society Christmas parties, it has been a non-stop month.  I don’t think I’ve been home two nights in a row since December hit.  Neal has been busy finishing up the semester at UVU and Univ. of Phoenix, along with fitting in time to carve two eagle scout neckerchief slides and attend his Bishopric meetings.  We have both been on the run.

I was checking out Jamie’s blog at work and noticed that I haven’t posted anything since the first.  Early Sunday morning seems to be the quietest time to get caught up on my blog.  A few more weeks and this 2012 year will come to an end and I will be printing this into a book.  Best not to leave out the last weeks of the year!  I’m slowly making progress on my stitching project.  It should go a lot faster but I just haven’t had the time in the evenings to sew.  However, I’m not making it for anyone, so like many of my projects they will be cleaned and pressed and hung in the back of the closet. 

IMG_4479

Lynda Ann has been busy making quilts for her family.  Because of her work schedule and taking on extra shifts she was feeling the pressure.  She called and asked if I would come and help her tie quilts one evening.  I think I even helped her tie one for her dad and Gloria!  At times the noise level was interesting and surrounded us.  We had Abby practicing her saxophone and at the same time Hayley was practicing her recorder.  Makes for interesting sounds.  Annie snapped a picture of me holding the huge roll of batting as we unrolled it, measured it and cut it. I’m kneeling on the floor, obviously, and Annie is taking the picture from under the quilt.

IMG_4480IMG_4481IMG_4482IMG_4483IMG_4484IMG_4486

Neal’s finished neckerchief carvings.  A rattle snake and a piece sign.  He calls the boys to ask them about their interests so that he can carve something for them that has some meaning.

IMG_4487IMG_4488IMG_4489

IMG_0124IMG_0125IMG_0126

Time is going by quickly.  I need to get ready for my Sunday meetings.  Neal is speaking in his sacrament meeting this morning so I will attend there and then run to other meetings.  Yet another incredibly packed Sunday.  Isn’t there some saying that goes “Sunday a day of rest.”?!  Not so in my little world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment