Sunday, December 23, 2012

A little genealogy

For my posterity who might have a question or two.  My father, Lorin D. Ross, married Juanita Burgner.  She had a baby that they named Juanita (Nita).  Juanita Burgner Ross died right after Nita was born.  My father later married my mother and together they had five children.  Donald, Lila Mae, Alva (Buster), Annette and me.  Nita was raised by my mother until she and Lorin were divorced.  At that time the Ross family insisted that mother send Nita back to Midway to be raised by the Ross’s and the Burgners. Lila thinks Nita must have been about 13 or 14 when she was sent back.  Nita and I share the same birthday.  Nita lives in Boise, Idaho with her oldest daughter, Barbara Kae.  Barbara brings Nita to Midway for the holidays and Swiss Days.  Because we don’t get to see her often, Neal and I drove up to Midway today to visit with her and wish her a Merry Christmas.  Nita is 19 years older than I am.  Lila Mae is 13 years older.  Here are some pictures of the family.

Lila (80), Nita (87) and Jeannine (68)

IMG_4494

Barbara (66)(Nita’s oldest daughter, Lila Mae, Jeannine,Nita and Shirlee (61) (Nita’s second daughter).  There is another daughter, Charlene, who is the youngest of the three.

IMG_4496

No comments:

Post a Comment