Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wow! A hug from Mitt Romney?! Yup

Neal and I had the opportunity to go to the 10 year anniversary of the Winter Olympics.  It was an awesome experience and full of events that I had no idea I would encounter.  We headed for the Gateway plaza, parked the car and walked over to the Union Train Station (now part of the Gateway).  We gave our name and were given a pass to go in.  This particular part of the celebration was only for the employees of the Olympics.  As we walked in, we saw a huge group of people.  Many we knew and many we didn’t know.  It was so much fun to reconnect with past friends.  I told Judy how interesting it is that when we work with people on a daily basis how quickly we become involved with their lives, happy parts and sad parts, and then when we quit or the job ends, as did the Olympics, we move on to knew acquaintances' and again become involved with their life’s journey.  We don’t mean to forget or not keep in contact, but slowly as the years roll by our lives become filled with a whole new set of experiences and memories.

We had just missed hearing Mitt Romney give his talk but realizing he was there and shaking hands we wiggled our way at the very end of a long fence (that he was behind with his security) hoping that we would get a chance to see him.  Well we not only got to see him but he gave me a hug!!  Yup, a full on hug!  And as you can see below we got a picture and I got his signature!  Oh my goodness!  Who would have ever thought that when I woke up Saturday morning that in the afternoon I would be hugging the next possible president of these United States.  Look and see for yourself!  The first four pictures are of him and his wife and the security coming toward us.

IMG_3034IMG_3035IMG_3036IMG_3037

Wow, he is almost here.  Will he notice us?  Not only did he notice us but he was happy to pose for a picture with us!

IMG_3038IMG_3039

Then he signed his name – just for me!

IMG_3053

I thought I’d died and gone to heaven.  Come on now, you have to admit that he is very, very good looking! 

When we came in we got an anniversary pin and Neal bought me the Rainbow Gardens Mormon Muffin Pin that came with the recipe, which I’m going to try and make this week.

IMG_3050IMG_3051IMG_3052

We also had our picture taken with one of the mascots for the Winter Games and some fun pictures of our old education staff and the girls in the travel staff that worked along side us.  So many fun memories came swimming back.

IMG_3032

IMG_3041IMG_3042IMG_3045IMG_3046

Right after the open house we then went to the Energy Solutions Center for the ice skating exhibition which I might add was phenomenal!  And oh yes, Neal saw some people sitting just a couples rows away from us that he had to go visit.  It was Brother and Sister Parkin from the Parley’s Ward and Carolyn Behner.  I didn’t get a picture of them.  Oh Neal got one.

IMG_3047 - CopyIMG_3049

No comments:

Post a Comment