Sunday, February 26, 2012

A note from Jamie and a call from Tucker

I received this note in the mail from Jamie. A “Thank you” written or spoken is always nice to receive.  They make you feel that all your efforts were appreciated.  With 7 children, 5 spouses and 19 grandchildren, I find myself beginning Christmas preparations almost as quickly as the new year comes into reality.  Making sure all are remembered on their birthdays and other holidays almost gets to be overwhelming to me and the thoughts cross my mind each year that maybe this will be the year that Neal and I will just hand out an orange at Christmas and call it good!  But, when a note comes along, it reminds me and validates the importance of keeping up traditions and gift giving – no matter how small or simple the gift.  Thank you Jamie for a “thank you” that came just at the right time.

IMG_3057

I got a call from Tucker Saturday morning and we must have talked for a good hour.  It was wonderful to just sit and visit and not feel like I needed to run to a meeting or get some errands taken care of before a busy day ahead of me.  Your timing was perfect, Tucker, and I so appreciated our wandering a little down memory lane and our sometimes “philosophical’ conversation. It was just like having you right here by my side!  I have to add a funny on Tucker.  I made mention of the $2.00 bills included in the girl’s Valentine Cards and he had know idea that they had even received any Valentines.  I had to laugh and told him that he was going to have to read his family blog to keep up on what is going on!  He travels so much during the week that he really misses out on a lot of little events.  I had the feeling I knew more about the three little girls than he did at that moment because I had just read Jamie’s blog that morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment