Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Gucci watch that I love!

IMG_2766A few months ago the band on my treasured Gucci watch broke.  I went to a couple of jewelers and watch store hoping that it could be fixed – but to no avail.  So, where does one go when you want something and you can no longer find it?  E-bay!!

While we were in California for Thanksgiving, I mentioned to Jamie that I would love her help in finding me a Gucci watch that I could bid on and hopefully buy.  With her expertise, she found a few choices and we made a bid.  It was at $65.00 so we put that we would go as high as $85.00.  There was only 2 more hours for the bid to end.  That evening while we were shopping, she received a notification that we had just bought a watch for $65.00!  I was thrilled. 

The watch has a significance to it.  The original one bought at ZCMI for $90.00.  It was my first big purchase and my symbol of independence from a sad part in the journey of my life.  So, thank you Jamie for taking the time from a very busy week to help me locate, bid and finally buy.  I LOVE this watch.  I never look at it without remembering the significance of it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment