Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lyndsy passes her tests with flying colors! I think she is now official. YEAH

Lyndsy called me to let me know that she took her test and passes with flying colors!  congrats Lyndsy.  She called back and asked if I would tend River for a couple of hours while she and James went to dinner to celebrate.  River had not eaten dinner so I asked him what he would like.  He said, “Easter eggs”.  I told him that he could have all he wanted but he had to eat something good first.  He decided on Frosted Flakes and a banana.  Not wonderfully nutritious but not too bad.  While he was eating he said, “Gam, why don’t you take me to Paradise Bakery and get me some mac and cheese.”  Now seriously, how many five year old do you know that would ask to be taken to Paradise Bakery over McDonalds or even know what Paradise Bakery was?!  I told him that maybe we could do that another time.  Then he said, “Well, Gam, why don’t you take me to Paradise Bakery and get me a blue cookie with the sprinkles on top.”  I again told him that maybe we could do that another time.  I’m still chuckling over the fact that he not only knows Paradise Bakery but he is knowledgeable about what they have that he likes.  I’ll have to give Lyndsy a bad time about spending too much time eating out.  :-)  Oh yes, River built a road out of Lagos. Bella was chewing on a sock and happened to accidently bump River’s road and moved a few pieces.  River jumped down off the bed and said, “Gam, you need to tell your dog Bella that she isn’t to knock over my road anymore.”  I quickly informed Bella, who had no clue what I was saying, but it made River feel a lot better.

March 2011 138

No comments:

Post a Comment