Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner and games.

Lynda Ann is amazing. This is the center piece she made out of bread dough. Of course the kids wanted to eat it, but I just couldn't stand the thoughts of having it destroyed so we kept it in one piece until late in the evening when the grandchildren proceeded to eat the whole thing!
I love Thanksgiving and find it to be my favorite holiday of the year. No pretense, no gift buying, no over the top decorating, just a time of family gathering, enjoying a good meal and enjoying the blessings of a happy posterity. I am thankful for all my children and grandchildren. Thank you for making Gam and Pa's life so full and so complete.
Because it was the off year, we missed having Tucker and Jamie family and Jeff and Mindy family. We rarely have Derek who is in China and Spencer and Walker who live in Colorado. Hope all had a happy day.
I might add that we had Jeff and James help Neal put up our Christmas tree before they were allowed to go home. Thanks men!

Lynda Ann didn't get to bed until 4 a.m. With Lyndsy massaging her feet and legs, Annie was put right to sleep.
Lyndsy doing what she loves most. And I might add that everyone who has had a massage from her says she is the best!!
Playing games. This is the games where you don't want the lowest card. I'm not sure it has a name!
Surprise - Annie holding Boston!
We always end the evening by playing 6-Handed Rook. Notice again, who is holding Boston.
After the Gertsons left, Maren got on line to do some Christmas shopping so James, Lyndsy, Neal and I played MahJong. I think Lyndsy actually ended up being the winner of that game. So you see Tucker, I don't win every time!


No comments:

Post a Comment