Sunday, February 25, 2024

Final Verses of the Book of Mormon

I'm in the final verses of the Book of Mormon.  I haven't kept track of how many times I have read the Book of Mormon because to me, it doesn't matter.  It's what I gain every time I read it and how much more I learn from the teachings and stories.

One of my favorite books is 3rd Nephi.  It is a well-loved story.  After Christ's resurrection, He came to minister to and teach His faithful disciples living on the American continent.  After spending some time with them, sharing truths and praying, He told the people He had to leave but that He would be back the next day.  As He looked back on the people around him, Jesus saw that they were in tears.  They wanted Him to stay with them a little longer.  It brings me to tears knowing that any of us who might have been there would have longed for him to stay just a bit longer.  Just to be in his presence.  

The scriptures tell us that Jesus said:  "Behold my bowels are filled with compassion towards you.  Have ye any that are sick among you?  Bring them hither.  Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner?  Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy."

And as we read we are told that Jesus healed everyone.  Jesus heals broken hearts, broken families, broken bodies.  There is no wound beyond the healing power of Jesus Christ.  There is no person beyond the saving grace of Jesus Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment