Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Granddaughter Recipe Books

 I had an idea that I thought it would be fun to give each granddaughter a recipe book of favorite recipes from their mother, aunts and me.  I threw the idea out to Lynda Ann and she was willing to help me get started on the project.  We settled on the size we wanted the books to be and what the recipe pages would look like.  I contacted each of my girls and asked me to send me their girls favorite recipes.  They were told to keep things quiet.  I believe I started this project in February and it took me until November to complete the last of 9 books.  Annie and I talked about making one book and then just copying all the recipes instead of my writing every recipe 9 times.  But I felt it would be much more personable if I spent the time writing them for each granddaughter.  After all the recipes were written, Annie helped me stuffing them in protector sleeves, putting them in the books and then she made the saying that went on the front.  She also helped me with the section dividers.  

I was excited to give them to my granddaughters and hope that they will be a memory as well as a very useful item in their college dorms and apartments.  

Cute picture of my California girls holding their recipe books.  Peyton is also holding the Christmas book that we gave to each family for 2023.  Neal wrote a message on the front page. 

"Merry Christmas 2023!  This book records the lives of children and families during times of war and hatred.  It is also filled with love and good works to save lives.  Please read it as a family and have faith in Heavenly Father and in mankind.  we love each of you, our family!  May you have peace in your hearts and trust in Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.!  They live!  Love, Gam and Pa"


At the front of each book I put a picture of me and the granddaughter and wrote each one of them a personal message.  


No comments:

Post a Comment