Saturday, December 23, 2023

Family Christmas Party

 Our annual Christmas gathering took place on Sunday this year.  I have to plan around Maren and Lynda Ann's working schedule because they both work at hospitals and hospitals never close.  Plus they work graveyard shifts, so it kind get a bit tricky sometimes.  We had a smaller group than usual.  Lynda Ann and her family - minus Abby and Antonio.  Maren and her family.  Mindy's family had a conflict and Lyndsy was working.  Spencer, Derek and Tucker all out of the state.  We had a nice dinner.  Maren brought the salad and Lynda Ann brought the funeral potatoes and I filled in with the rest.  We did the usual.  Dinner, then gifts and then those who wanted to hang out and visit and play games stayed.  I love those kind of evenings where there really isn't any particular agenda, just being together.  We play the Left, Right, Center dice game and then the card game called Screw Your Neighbor.  Lots of laughs.  I love my family and love gathering around the table for good food and games.  


Lots of fun pictures of the family.  So good to have Emmi home for a couple weeks!






Emmi got a special gift from Ron and Judy.  They are so interested in her Navy Career and what she is doing.  They bought her this Christmas ornament.

Getting a hug from my granddaughter!

It was such a fun gathering and certainly helped bring the spirit of Christmas into our home.  I forgot to take a picture of the special gift I gave to each granddaughter and the book we gave each family this year.  I'll post that later.  Merry Christmas everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment