Sunday, November 26, 2023

Some Thoughts

 When life starts to feel a bit overwhelming, and peace seems out of reach, I have a tendency to gravitate to nature for comfort because I see His love in the beauty that surrounds me.  We had our first snow storm Thanksgiving night and the morning hours were beautiful.  I'm not a great lover of cold and winter but there is a beauty about the winter months that and the fresh fallen snow that brings a feeling of peace.  If I allow His peace to guide my thoughts, they inevitably focus on the abundance I already enjoy in my life every day.  I love the changing seasons, my family, the cycles of day and night, and the comforting predictability they bring.  Even the cooler weather invigorates me and strengthens my faith.

"Joy in this life, right now - not despite the challenges of our day but because of the Lord's help to learn from and ultimately overcome them - and immeasurable joy in the life to come.  Tears will dry up, broken hearts will be mended, what is lost shall be found, concerns shall be resolved, families will be restored, and all that the Father hath will be ours."  = Amy A. Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment