Thursday, November 16, 2023

Sadie Hawkins Dance

Maren called and asked if Neal had a pair of cowboy boots that Brock could borrow.  He was going to the Sadie Hawkins Dance at school and needed to dress up cowboy style.  That brought back a flood of high school memories from my years at Provo High.  We had the Sadie Hawkins Dance every year and we all dressed up in style of the event for the dance.  I loved going to all the school dances.  I had Maren send me some pictures.  Loved them.  Brock is one handsome dude.  Usually the girls invite the boys to the dance.  The story goes, as I remember it, that Sadie Hawkins was a comic strip in which Sadie Hawkins Day fell sometime in the Fall and the unmarried women of Dogpatch would chase the bachelors and if they caught them would marry them.  I never read the comic strip that much but loved the dance every Fall.

Notice the awesome cowboy boots!  





No comments:

Post a Comment