Monday, October 9, 2023

Pondering

 I really loved President Nelson's words in his most recent talk, "Please don't let your prayers sound like a shopping list.  The Lord's perspective transcends your mortal wisdom.  His response to your prayers may surprise you . . . rather than focus on the excruciating difficulties of the day, our prayers can be - and should be - living discussions with our Heavenly Father."

So, I have been thinking about what "may surprise you" means.  Like a good surprise or maybe a bad one?  I'm joking :-) I know that everything that comes from the Lord is good.  President Nelson also says, ". . . . do the spiritual work to increase your capacity to receive personal revelation."  So, that is what I'm trying to do.  Read my scriptures each day, daily prayer, etc.  I am so fortunate to have a Heavenly Father who care about me and my family and our lives on earth.  And while we try to figure it all out, we get to live in a world with beautiful Fall leaves, crisp mornings, squirrels and birds, pumpkins, gorgeous warm days and crisp Fall evenings.  I am reminded of the primary song, "I think the world is glorious and lovely as can be.  The birds and bees and blossoms bring sweet messages to me."








No comments:

Post a Comment