Sunday, September 10, 2023

New Addition to the Family

Some time in October, we may be getting a new addition to our family.  Now that I'm retired I'm ready to have a puppy again.  It has not been a quick decision as I know the time and care and commitment that goes into bringing a puppy into our lives.  But, I can't remember a time when we didn't have a dog in our home.  I grew up in Seattle with a big black lab that my brothers names . . . . The name is very offensive so I won't print it.  I love that dog and remember spending many nights with my head on his tummy while I read.  Just before we moved to Utah, he just disappeared.  Maybe he knew that we were going to be moving and decided to find another home.  It wasn't long after we moved to Provo that we had another smaller dog who was with us almost through my high school years.  His name was Cubby.  He would sleep in my upstairs bedroom,  where there was no heat, and keep me warm through the winter months.  Another situation where he just left one day and never returned.  We had a dog in Trona, California and another one when we moved to Salt Lake.  I've always loved dogs and so the time is right to get another one.  Here is a picture of our soon to be new addition:

This is the little boy and probably the one we will take.  He is a Cavachon.  A mixture of a Cavalier and a Bichon.  


This one is the little girl 

The two sleeping side by side.
Hopefully we will go up and see them next week some time.  Working on a scheduled visit to make a decision on the little boy or the little girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment