Sunday, September 17, 2023

Getting Ready for Fall

 This year I decided to bring out all the Fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas dishes for use and for display.  It was a huge project but with Neal now retired and home it was easier than I've ever experienced and went so fast.  First of all we emptied the China hutch, the dish cupboard above the drainboard and the dish cupboard above the sink.  I stored all those dishes in the bottom cabinets.  It's amazing how many dishes you can store in a small place if you use a little ingenuity!  Then Neal and I brought up all the Christmas dishes and the Thanksgiving dishes and while I unpacked them, Neal arranged them in the hutch and above the sink.  The brown and white Fall dishes went above the drainboard to be used every day.  We then took all the Americana ornaments and statues from the top of the cupboards and replaced them with Fall and Thanksgiving ornaments.  I'm not a Halloween person so it is very easy for me to totally bypass Halloween and go from Fall to Thanksgiving without putting any Halloween decorations in my house.  Here are a couple pictures of the finished project.  Amazingly, it only took us about 4 hours to complete.  In the past it will take me all day to put away, transport and replace dishes.



I have a picture of the Thanksgiving dishes displayed above the sink but I can't find it.  I'll have to post it later.  But, the exciting thing is that my house is all Fall and holiday ready and it is such a nice feeling to have that project all done.  Happy Fall everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment