Friday, August 18, 2023

To Fresno and Then China

 These moments of saying goodbye, when I know it will be a long time before I see Derek,  or any of my children again, are always very hard for me.  It was so good to have him make the long journey from China to spend time with his family and see some of his friends.  I think Derek was happy with every one he was able to connect with while he was here.  We loved seeing him and are hoping that he can arrange to come back next summer for our 80th birthday celebration.  Hopefully he can get a Visa for Fia and bring her with him so that we and the family can meet her in person.

Derek left Wednesday morning.  Neal and I drove to the airport and had a nice visit with him before he had to head to the security line.  Mindy was headed to Washington D.C. so we had a chance to visit with her as well.  

A goodbye hug from Maren

A very sad moment


Dad and son



Funny Mindy

Have a safe flight home to China and know that your parents and family all love you and that you will be missed until the next reunion - hopefully next summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment