Thursday, August 10, 2023

Derek in the USA!

 Last night we had a dinner and a family gathering to welcome home Derek.  He will only be with us for a week or so, but we will take every day we can get with him.  So fun to have him here after a 5 year wait.  We had Gertsons, Cutlers and Goss's for dinner.  I think 17 people in all.  Derek had request roast beef, potatoes and gravy along with home made rolls.  All of which I did adding some veggies and fruit.  After dinner the adults played 6-Handed Rook until about 10:30.  Maren and Derek stayed and talked until 1:30.  It was a fun evening and hopefully Derek enjoyed the festivities in his honor.

I made my famous watermelon ice cream dessert.  The sad thing is that I couldn't find any lime sherbet for the outside of the watermelon so I had to use mint chocolate chip which doesn't really give the illusion as good.  Doesn't really look like the rind of a water melon.  Oh well, it tasted good!

So happy to have Derek visiting us and for him to be able to connect with his family after so long.
Derek came with gifts for me.  A darling straw purse, pen and book marks.  I love them and am already using the book markers.  



This was the table from the other direction.  Greg and Maren have some better pictures.  I'll post them when they send them to me.
The evening was a success, I thought, until this morning when I got news that there were things said that were hurtful, unkind and mostly not true about Lynda Ann and about the religious atmosphere in our home.  I have a feeling this will probably be our last Maxfield, Gertson family gathering.  And that is a sad way to end a post.  But, it seems that is what it will be in the future.  


No comments:

Post a Comment