Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Brock's 17th Birthday

 Neal and I were invited out to Maren and Greg's to celebrate having Derek in the US and Brock's 17th birthday.  We had barbequed steaks (done to perfection) and grilled chicken (also done to perfection).  Maren also made her famous pasta salad and a delicious bean dip along with vegetables and fruit.  The dinner was so good.  Then we went outside and played Cornhole.  Greg has made to boards.  One with the Utah logo and one with the BYU Logo along with BYU toss bags and U of U toss bags.  It was really fun and reminded me a lot of horseshoes.  We went inside and sang to Brock and had cake.  Taylor had been on a two week trip to Japan so she showed us her pictures, which were very interesting.  She is amazing to travel by herself to Japan!  The evening ended with Neal showing Derek and Maren how to access their genealogy.  Derek had asked his dad months ago how to do that so it was fun for Neal to be able to share that with both Derek and Maren.  It was a really fun evening.  Thanks, Maren for inviting us out.  And a very happy 17th to Brock.  Oh and yes, I will add here that Neal and I challenged Maren and Greg and the old folks beat them by 1 point!!  Yup, we haven't lost it yet :-)









This was taken just for Abby.  I'm just chillin' 
I also need to post that I stepped in some doggie poo walking across the lawn in my bare feet.  Maren thought she had cleaned it all up but missed one little poop and lucky me found it!  



No comments:

Post a Comment