Thursday, March 30, 2023

My Mini Zoo

 I came home the other day from running errands.  Had to get some more food for the bird and the squirrels.  I drove in the garage and before going in the house decided to check the front porch.  Jamie had alerted me that she was sending me a random surprise.  As I rounded the corner to the steps I hear this loud "watch where you are going" quack!  I look down and right at my feet is this big mallard.  He isn't moving and he is loudly telling me that he got there first.  I smiled and said, "Sorry Mr. Mallard."  As I turned to go back in the garage I hear another loud quacking and I see his little partner in crime nestled in the leaves right by the front steps.  Goodness.  I laughed at them both and thought to myself that I was now running a small zoo.  Squirrels (Chip, Dale and Nancy), tons of birds at the bird feeder and now two ducks taking up home in my yard.  I've also seen Quail coming in and out of the bushes along the North side of our home.  Glad they like to hang around here because I love seeing them.

He was originally standing right on the porch and then stepped back to the lawn.
His female friend :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment