Thursday, August 4, 2022

What were we thinking!

 Judy and I had many long conversations about doing some permanent make up.  Years and years ago, in fact when Lyndsy was living in Arizona, I had permanent eyeliner put on my eyes.  Things are so much more advanced now and make up artist can do so much more.  I've never had eyebrows to speak of.  They have always been thin and so blond you could hardly tell I had any.  Judy was the same way so we decided to have permanent make up on our eyebrows.  I think it was one of those friend things where if you do it, I'll do it scenario.  And yes, by permanent that means either Microblade or tattooed.  We went together and had our eyebrows done the first of June.  We had to go back in July for a touch up and while we were on our way over we decided to have our lips done.  OH MY GOSH!  I couldn't believe that we talked each other into doing that, but we did.  My kids have always teased me of having no lips.  I think because I so seldom wore lipstick that my lips kind of blended into my face and they didn't really show that much.  I actually do have lips!  So now I have nice eyebrows that you can see and I have permanent pink lips!!  Judy went with dark red!  Not me.  I told the girl that I wanted a very light soft pink.  We have to go back in September for a touch up.  Not looking forward to that.  Was it painful?  YES!  They do put some cream on your lips to help deaden them but it was painful.  I was gritting my teeth so hard when the artist was doing my lips that I thought I could break a molar!  But, now that it is done, I love them.  Here is a picture of our visit.



We both ended up with miserable cankers on our lips.  Judy got one on her upper lip and I got one on my bottom lip.  I never get them but we were told it was a  normal possibility.  Glad we fall in the normal?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment