Monday, August 8, 2022

Brock turns 16

 Ahhh to be sweet sixteen again.  However, I have no desire to go back and repeat my journey.  I'm very, very happy with where I am right now.  I'll just turn the "sweet sixteen" phrase over to all my grandchildren who are reaching that age and getting their drivers license.  

Maren invited Neal and I out to her home for dinner on Sunday to celebrate my birthday and Brocks.  We had a delicious steak dinner along with funeral potatoes and fruit.  Greg cooked the steaks to perfection.  After dinner we wandered around Maren's yard to see how all the plants are doing.  She and Greg have worked hard on the outside of their home.  Together they have made it very decorative along with a new fountain that Greg just put in.  He is very creative and I'm always amazed at what he is able to create.  

We sat outside for about an hour just visiting about Maren and Greg's work issues.  Maren is applying for a new job with lifeflight and Greg is having some issues with Delta.  Hopefully Maren will get this new job and Greg will be happy with Delta.  Lots up in the air right now for both of them.  All the kids were there and it was fun to be with them.  Just before we came home Maren had cake and ice cream and we sang happy birthday to Brock.  Very fun day.  And Maren gave me a present from her and Tucker.  Gift cards for Talbots.  I shall be using them soon as Talbots is having their big end of the summer sale.  Thanks everyone.

This was a knit hat that Boston gave Brock for his birthday.  There is a story behind the hat but none of us were let in on the secret between the boys.  

Maren bought candles that have a flame the color of the candle.  Very fun.
You can see the blue, pink, purple, yellow and green flames.  





This is the gazebo that Greg put up and anchored into the cement.  We were amazed at how cool it was sitting out there.  Greg also built the gas fire place.  Like I've said before, not sure there isn't anything he can't build if he puts his mind to it.  

A very fun and relaxing Sunday afternoon.  Thanks, Maren and Greg, for the invite.  



No comments:

Post a Comment