Thursday, August 4, 2022

78 and Still Young!!!!

 I just had my 78th birthday and don't feel a day over 30!  Honestly.  I have been so blessed with excellent health and I acknowledge that when I say my daily prayers.  My friend, Mindy Leetham, and I walk at least three miles every morning, Monday through Thursday.  Even in the winter months you will find us out walking all bundled up.  The only thing that we won't walk in is if it is snowing, windy or lightening.  We watch the weather closely.  

I had a text from Maren, Lyndsy and Derek, Jamie, Jeff and Mallory.  A call from Tucker, Lynda Ann, Andrew and Emmi even called me from Lisbon, Portugal.  Thanks to all of you for reaching out and wishing me a happy birthday.  Andrew said that he would sing happy birthday to me but decided it was best that he just said it rather than sing it.  I don't know, but maybe a rendition of happy birthday from Andrew might have been an exciting experience.  Maybe next year?

The day was spent golfing with Ron and Judy, playing bridge and Judy fixing a delicious birthday dinner.  It was such a fun and relaxing day and the weather was perfect.  I love having a summer birthday, but then I guess that is why I love summer so much!

Lynda Ann gave me a beautiful book called Everyday Disciples by Taylor Ricks.  I've already read half of it and have loved it.  I would highly recommend it.  I will probably be using some of the quotes from the book on my Sunday thoughts.  So much good material to think about and to apply in my life.  Thank you Annie.


When we got home from Ron and Judy's, these flowers and candy were sitting on our front porch.  They were from the California Maxfields.  Thank you Tucker, Jamie, Jordyn Lyn, Lexi and Peyton.  The flowers are beautiful and the candy delicious!!



Thanks to all my family who called or text to wish me a happy day.  Love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment