Sunday, February 6, 2022

Sunday Thoughts

 The other night I was looking through my journals and looking at phots of our family, homes, vacations, holidays, births, baby photos, parties, missionary farewells and home comings, ahigh school and college graduations and pictures of Emmi joining the Navy.  Each photo had a story and with each story came other stories.  Some good, some sad, some happy and some were really funny!

I realized that we Hintze's and Maxfields have lived a very full and busy life.  I'm grateful for the memories of the highs and lows we've experienced as a family.  The lowest for me, the loss of Jeffrey.  While looking at the photos I felt so many emotions, but the ones I felt the most were that we are a tough and resilient family and are better together.

I think my word for this year has to be FAITH.  Faith for the future, faith in the Lord, faith in His plan, faith to trust, faith in failure, faith in change, faith in growth, and faith to believe.

As our relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ deepens, heaven can feel closer to you.  President Russell M. Nelson has taught:  "The doctrine of Christ helps us find and stay on the covenant path.  Staying on that narrow but well-defined path will ultimately qualify us to receive all that God has.  Nothing could be worth more than all our Father has!"

No comments:

Post a Comment