Sunday, February 6, 2022

A Visit from Tucker

 Tucker came into town last weekend.  He came in on Thursday evening and left on Sunday evening.  He was busy most of the time visiting and lunching with friends.  He also spent Saturday evening and into the morning at Maren's.  I think he got everyone visited with that he had on his list.  He had a full schedule.  But, in between all his 'stuff to do' he went with Neal to Costco and helped him pick out a lap top.  Then the rest of the evening was spent loading and setting up Neal's lap top.  I also bought the programs for Word and Excel which he installed on my lap top.  He is a good sport every time he comes to get all our computer issues resolved.  He made some comment to me about what I did when I had computer issues and I told him I had him and Jamie and Mindy to call.  he then asked if I had Amazon Prime and I told him I didn't and his question, "well what do you do when you want to order something?"  I told him that I just call Annie and she takes care of that for me.  We had a good laugh.  I have lots of help from my children and grandchildren which certainly makes my life easy.  Thank you all!

Tucker had asked if we could have a family dinner while he was here so I had everyone over for dinner on Sunday.  A full house and good food.  After dinner we played a couple games and then Tucker had to pack and get to the airport.

I made Lila Mae's 3 o'clock rolls for dinner.  This was the first batch that were just normal and then I thought I would try to make some thin layered ones.  Notice the tin round with the red wooden handle.  That belonged to my mother and was something she used almost every time she baked for shaping different things.  It has to be at least 100 years old.  This and the funnel I use when making jam are two of my most favorite memorable things of my mothers.

Finished project ready to be set aside to raise.
I thought I would try something different with the last third of the dough.  I thought it would be fun to stack thin layers and they would be like those flaky rolls you buy that you can kind of peel off each layer.  Well, just trust me that it didn't work the way I had envisioned.  They certainly were stacked but then ended up looking like out of control mushrooms!!!  But, no one seem to notice and they tasted good and were eaten.  

This is the January, February red, white and blue flower arrangement.  
Picture of the group.  You will notice there are two pictures.  Desmond was having a moment and so he wasn't in the first one but cooperated and was in the second one.  

Like I said, the Gertsons stayed and we played Reds and then the Gertsons took Tucker to the airport on their way home.  We loved having him here and appreciated all he did to help us with our computers and getting us set up on NetFlix.  Thanks, Tucker.
Tucker doing what he always does when he comes to town.  






No comments:

Post a Comment