Thursday, June 25, 2020

Annette's Birthday

Today is June 25th and Annette would have been 81 years old today.  She would have hated that, I think.  I just can't imagine that she would have loved being old.  I love her and I miss her.  I'm so thankful for memories that can keep a person alive and happy in your mind.  I like to think of her when she was completely well and happy.  Maren reminds me a lot of Annette.  The energy level always went up when Annette walked into a room - the same as Maren.  Annette loved adventure - as does Maren.  Annette loved challenges - as does Maren.  And Annette was not afraid of change or to sometimes fly by the seat of her pants - as does Maren.  Annette's husband, Allen, called me yesterday to remind me that it was her birthday today - as if I would forget that.  So, happy birthday Annette.  You are remembered and loved!

I have Annette's china displayed in the cupboard along with the statue of two sisters that always reminds me of her.  What a wonderful and fun sister she was and what great times we shared growing up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment