Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday Thoughts

"The trial of our faith will always involve staying true to simple, daily practices of faith.  Then, and only then, does He promise that we will receive the divine response for which we long.  Only once we have proven our willingness to do what He asks without demanding to know the whens, the wys, and the hows do we reap the rewards of our faith, and our diligence, and patience and long-suffering.  Real obedience accepts God's commandments unconditionally and in advance."
Elder L. Whitney Clayton

As Neal and I sat at the table this morning, eating our breakfast, I reflected on the past happenings.  The earthquake, the pandemic and the riots in our city last night.  We are in a trouble world in a troubled time.  I know that through faith and prayers our Father in Heaven will provide, protect and bless me and my family and I will hold fast to President Nelson's words that there are happy and good times ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment