Sunday, May 31, 2020

Adventure at Iceberg

Mallory and I decided that it was an evening just made for a trip to Iceberg.  So off we went on our malt adventure.  We drove around the back way so we wouldn't have to wait on the busy street.  I pulled up waiting to take my place in line as the cars pulled forward.  The lady, who should have gone ahead, waved me in front of her.  I tried to get her to go but she insisted that I pull in.  I thought it was so nice of her to let me in front of her that when we were waiting, I got out of my car and went back to her and told her thank you and that I would be glad to order her malt when I ordered mine so that when she got to the window it would be all ready.  She thanked me but said that she had a bunch to order.  I got back in the car and we moved forward again, this time by the order microphone.  The girl came on and asked what I would like.  I ordered a mini hot fudge chocolate banana malt and a mini hot fudge mint chocolate malt and Mallory ordered a cheesecake malt.  The girl repeated the order and it didn't sound quite right so I repeated again my order and we moved on.  There was one car in front of us.  While we were waiting for them to get their order I decided that the least I could do for the lady behind me was to pay for one of her malts.  So I got out again and stepped back and told her to make sure that she got credit for one of her malts that I was going to pay for.

Mallory and I rolled up to the window and already knew that our order was going to be messed up.  And when I added one of the malts for the lady behind me the poor girl was all confused!  We knew we were in trouble.  Finally our malts came and this is what we ended up with.  A chocolate malt, a mint vanilla malt with banana in it and a banana malt along with the cheesecake malt.  Yup, you got it, we ended up with four malts along with paying for the 5th one for the lady behind me.  My bill?  Over $25.00!!  Those who know me, Know I didn't say anything, I just took the 4 malts, paid my bill and Mallory and laughed all the way home.  In fact we were laughing so hard that I could hardly see to drive.  Of course, on the way home we had two malts besides our own that we had to keep from melting and dripping all over the car.  We both decided that we were done with Iceberg for a while and need to find another place for hard ice cream malts!!


PS.  Banana and mint do not go well together!

No comments:

Post a Comment