Monday, January 20, 2020

My first lesson

Yesterday I taught my first lesson in Gospel Doctrine. The Book of Mormon is our course of study for this year.   I taught the first 10 chapters of the Book of Mormon.  We usually have two classes but one of our instructors didn't show up and so they combined us into one.  The room was crowded with every seat taken.  The hardest part about teaching a class that big is that there just isn't enough time for all the people who want to make comments.  You would think that an hour would be a long time to teach but believe me, the time is gone before you hardly get started.  I am not a natural at teaching but the one thing I love about this calling is that I have to study and be prepared and my knowledge and testimony of the gospel grows with each passing week.  I love the Book of Mormon and find peace as I read and study it.

"My brothers and sisters, without reservation I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come into your hearts an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord.  There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to his commandments, and there will come a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God."

To my posterity I will add my own personal testimony that I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God given to us in these latter days.  It will and can provide answers, assurance and peace to all who read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment