Sunday, June 2, 2019

Mallory's Mission Report

It was a beautiful Sunday in every way.  It was amazing to hear Mallory stand and bear her testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel and of her Savior, Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith.  Maren sent Mallory this text and I thought it summed up the whole day perfectly:

"Hi Mallory.  This is Maren.  I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am with you.  Your mission sounded amazing and I know you made a big difference in a lot of peoples lives.  You also strengthened my testimony about the church!  Sometimes we forget how the church can change people's lives.  We forget how wonderful a blessing it is and we do need to share it.  Listening to you talk about how excited people were about the church and to get baptized was amazing!  Sometimes I think we take for granted what a blessing it is to have the gospel in our lives.  Jaden is such a great good person but sometimes I am hesitant to share my testimony with him (and others).  I know that sounds weird but I don't want him to hate the church.  Living in Utah I think you get a little 'jaded' about what the church really is.  I always tell him the church is great and perfect and not to judge it by the people.  I know it has changed my life and I can't ever live without it!  It gives me hope that there are people still out there that want to hear about the church.  And it can change their lives for the better and they are excited about it.  I love your testimony, your spirit, your willingness to serve a mission  You are amazing!!!!!"

What a beautiful message to Mallory.  I say ditto!  Thank you Mallory, for sharing your testimony and your experiences of teaching people in Tennessee.  It was evident you loved the people you taught and you loved being a missionary.




 What a fun way to celebrate Abby's graduation, Mallory's return and Emmi's send off to the Navy, all in one day.  Jeff and Annie have a lot to be proud of and Gam and Pa are busting a few of their own buttons.  We aren't taking any credit for how these girls turned out but we are sure proud to be a part of their lives.
WELCOME HOME, MALL SUE!!!!  WE LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment