Friday, June 21, 2019

California Family Arrives

Wednesday evening about 11:15 the Maxfield rolled in.  Neal and I had been outside enjoying the summer evening and anxiously awaiting their arrival.

 After getting the car unpacked we gathered around the table in the kitchen and talked until about 1:30,  even though everyone was exhausted from that long drive.
The next morning was spent just visiting and talking about what our schedule for the day was going to be.  Jamie snapped this random picture.  I remember clearly that discussion was whether Neal and Tucker were going golfing that day or not.  The answer was NOT.

 What was decided was that we were going to East High School so the girls could take pictures and wander through the halls and feel the ambience of where the musical had been produced.  When we got there we found out that they were filming a Disney TV series of the musical.  Of course we weren't allowed in where the filming was taking place but the girls did get to wander all over the school.  The school actually has a map of the significant places of filming.  I don't remember anything about the movie.  I think I may have watched part of it.  I'm going to have to take the time to watch it, now that I've heard so much about it.

You will notice as you look at the picture that windows have been blacked out for the filming.


 We were able to go into the auditorium and on stage.  We had to talk and beg the girls to do a part of one of their dances.


 Of course Neal was in his element walking through the halls.  I'm just not sure that I care to wander back through the halls of Provo High School.  I loved high school and have great memories of events and friends.  But, don't have a need to go back.
 After we toured the building and the girls had a ton of pictures taken of them in different parts of the school we wander back outside and took a couple more pictures of the painted E on the side of the hill.

 It was close to 2:00 and none of us had had breakfast.  So we headed to Hires for a delicious hamburger and fries lunch.  Fun and delicious.  There was one funny incident with the waitress.  She was asking us if we wanted any drinks and the girls asked for water.  Her comment went something like this and kind of directed at Jamie:  "Do they really want water because I don't want to bring it unless they are going to drink it."  Never had a waitress question whether I was going to drink my water or not.  And just as an added comment, the girls did drink every drop!
 On the way home from Hires we stopped at Costco and shopped for incidentals and food for the big Sunday dinner and then into Best Buy to get a new plug for one of the lights and from there to Farr's Ice Cream shop for a treat.
 We landed home about 4:30 and played games the rest of the evening.  We played Shanghi and Reds.  Just for the record, I won both games!!
We love having our California family with us!  I'm already wishing time would go by just a bit slower.  But we have three more days with them and I shall soak in every moment I can.  Love you guys so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment