Sunday, March 3, 2019

The Cannery

Neal and I had an opportunity to go to the dry pack cannery and clean machines.  Something neither one of us have ever done before.  It was quite an experience!  The cannery had been processing white beans all day and our job was to clean up all the spilled beans and then spray down the conveyor belt, the hopper and the floors.  After everything was done the floor supervisor came up and told us that the last step was to spray all the machinery with a white foam that was a disinfectant.  I sprayed and Neal came along behind me and wiped the foam.  At one point I accidently turned on the sprayer when Neal was in front of me and got him right in the face!  We had a good laugh over that.  Wish I would have snapped a picture but forgot.
I had two pictures but for some odd reason the other one won't upload.  But, I think this picture pretty much captures what we were doing and yes, we did have to wear the funny hats!  We had a fun time and were more than happy to be of service.  

No comments:

Post a Comment