Sunday, March 3, 2019

A Message from Jeffry R. Holland

I read this quote and it was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits.  I hope all who read this will find the same solace in his words that I did.

"To all mothers everywhere, past, present, or future I say thank you, thank you for giving birth, (for adopting) for shaping souls, for forming character, and for demonstrating the pure love of Christ.  To Mother Eve, to Sarah, Rebekah, and Rachel, to Mary of Nazareth, and to a Mother in Heaven, I say, thank you for your crucial role in fulfilling the purposes of eternity.  To all mothers in every circumstance including (step-mothers) those who struggle - and all will - I say Be peaceful, believe in God and yourself.  You are doing better than you think you are."

I needed to read that and I needed to add my own "adopting" and "step-mother" to his quote.

That is my message for this Sabbath Day to all my girls.  Do the best you can, be peaceful and believe in God and yourself.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment