Sunday, December 2, 2018

Reflecting

It was mother's birthday on the 27th of November and I always, always think about her all the time but especially on her birthday.  I still miss her after all these years and always reflect on her life and what an incredible example she was to me.  And what a good mother she was.  I love this picture that Lynda Ann framed for me.  It is my oldest brother, Donald and my mother as they were walking down the downtown streets of Seattle.  There used to be street photographers who would take random pictures and then you could buy them.  Donald was in his navy uniform so must have been on leave and in Seattle visiting with mother.


I am grateful for the blessing I know that because of the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ any sadness I feel can be turned into hope and strength.  I know one day I will see Mother, Annette and Jeffrey again.  Not just as spirits, but with resurrected bodies.  I am grateful I can look in the eyes of my posterity and tell them that Christ makes it possible for families to reunite, return, and rejoice.

There is a phrase in the scriptures;  "His hand is stretched out still".  we read that phrase in Isaiah, Nephi, Exodus, and Samuel and we know that God is merciful to His children.  He wants us to succeed and find happiness and joy.  He's picking us up and dusting us off when we slip.  He's showing us the way and encouraging us as we go.  We need not ever ask where we belong, because we belong to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment